O maior conquistador não é aquele que conquista grandes coisas, mas sim o que conquista as pequenas e as torna grandes!


sexta-feira, 12 de agosto de 2022

WHAT I OWE YOU I CANNOT PAY.



A long-standing couple had lived ninety and seventy together, persevering through every difficulty and reinforced with love like the first day. Having been the strongest of the two, the one who worked hard in the field, the one who always provided, was now the weakest.
She bathed him, helped him put on his clothes and combed him tenderly as if his old husband were a baby. And every time she combed his hair, Don Aurelius always said:
WHAT I OWE YOU I CAN'T PAY!
Augusta, I've worked all my life under the sun, on earth, so that you don't lack to eat, buy clothes and provide you this house. Getting up early to plant and harvest has been all I've ever done to show you all the love I feel and that, even though my heart is old, it's a new love, intact, but... i can't work anymore like i used to. All these seventy years of loving and serving you. If I had to pay you, I couldn't...
-Can you imagine what a doctor earns? ; for that you were with me on the nights I was sick and you got up to attend to me and to take care of me.
-Can you imagine what a laundry lady, a cook, an iron, a seamstress earn? well all that was with me every time you attended this house and me.
-Can you imagine what a teacher earns? for that was with me everytime you taught me things I didn't know or understood.
-Can you imagine what a saleswoman earns? well that was with me every time you helped me sell my fruits and vegetables.
-Can you imagine what a singer earns? well, that was every time you sang in my ear a song that I liked.
-And can you imagine what a lawyer earns? because that was you every time you defended me in front of men the times they spoke slander about me.
-Can you imagine what a rental belly earns? Well, that was you, a blessed womb every time you gave me the children we have today and help us.
-Can you imagine what a nanny earns? well that was you everytime you took care of my kids.. And you still are now that you continue to take care of me, as if I were a child.. With the same love you always cared for me, bathe me, change my clothes and comb my gray hair...
Thank you, Augusta! , for having worked for me so many years without charging me a single weight, and thank you for having done it out of love; because all I OWE YOU, I CAN NOT PAY...

Karina Melgar -  FB

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário


Here's a dozen of my favorite things never to apologize for:


1) Never apologize for acting on your instincts.
2) Never apologize for being passionate.
3) Never apologize for being smart.
4) Never apologize for demanding respect.
5) Never apologize for saying no.
6) Never apologize for not embracing someone else's agenda.
7) Never apologize for disagreeing.
8) Never apologize for your faith.
9) Never apologize for your own sense of creativity.
10) Never apologize for ordering dessert.
11) Never apologize for being funny.
12) Never apologize for living your truth.


Every one of us casts a shadow.

There hangs about us, a sort of a strange, indefinable something, which we call personal influence--that has its effect on every other life on which it falls. It goes with us wherever we go. It is not something we can have when we want to have it--and then lay aside when we will, as we lay aside a garment. It is something that always pours out from our lives . . . as light from a lamp, as heat from flame, as perfume from a flower.

The ministry of personal influence is something very wonderful. Without being conscious of it, we are always impressing others by this strange power that exudes from us. Others watch us--and their thinking and actions are modified by our influence."

"Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity." Ephesians 5:15-16

~J. R. Miller, "The Shadows We Cast"

Blog Design by Bling on the Blog